WOCA makes grants to several local groups to help meet their costs. This can be in the form of small direct payments, or subsidised rates for room hire. Applications for direct support should be made to the committee, stating how the grant will be spent, how it will benefit the community.
Small Direct Payments
WOCA can occasionally offer groups financial support with getting particular projects off the ground that meet local need.
Free room use for new groups
We offer a WOCA supported start up package for community members who want to start a new group with little or no money.
To qualify for the WOCA supported start up package, the group must:
- Be in line with WOCA’s aims to improve life for West Oxford residents by providing facilities for social welfare, education, recreation and leisure.
- Make use of their free room in the centre no more than once a week or 50 hours a year.
- Be led by a fully paid up member of WOCA.
Free and subsidised room use for existing groups
If an existing group wants another grant from WOCA to cover the cost of their room use, they must submit the attached form to the Management Committee showing:
- General details of their group: Name, aims, when they meet, perhaps a photo of what they do, a leaflet or any other publicity about them.
- How many people come, and how many of these are from West Oxford (these do not have to be precise figures, but some record keeping must be demonstrated!
- How much they use the centre (i.e. how often & for how long, which room)
- How much they charge per session if applicable & what this is spent on – an overview of their income/ expenditure for the year must be provided.
- Why they believe they should continue not to pay for their room use
Room Hire Information
- Information for Hirers
- Conditions of Hire (2017)
- Health Safety and Equality notice
- Hire Charges 2017
- Fire Info for Room Users 2015
- Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan Template
- First Aid Guidance for Centre Users 2015
- WOCA ‘Step Away’ from Abuse and Aggression Policy 2015
All the information is provided in pdf documents that are opened in a new browser tab.
Current Grant Recipients include:
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Census Support
- Chinese Community Group
- Elms Road Children\’s Centre
- English as a Second Language Class
- Gentle Moves Exercise Class
- Hatha Yoga Class
- Jazz Brunches
- Messy Play
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Osney, St Thomas, and New Botley Allotments
- Parent and Toddler
- Tae Kwon Do
- Tai Chi
- West Oxford Academy
- Wild Goose Qi Gong